Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bacon wrapped stuffed beef tenderloin

I don't usually post non-dessert items but when I made this for Easter Dinner I was very proud of myself so I wanted to share!!

I started out with 2 - 2 1/2lb beef tenderloins. I took them out of the fridge to rest to a room temp while I made the stuffing.



The stuffing is very simple

2 sticks of butter
3-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1.5 cups of italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1.5 cups of italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs

SImply melt the butter and saute the garlic for a minute. Add in all of the breadcrumbs until the butter and breadcrumbs are completely incorporated. Keep cooking until the breadcrumbs are lightly toasted. Let cool

While the stuffing is cooling you want to lay out some bacon slices on parchment (each strip slightly overlapping each other) Each tenderloin will be wrapped in bacon.



Next it is time to cut the tenderloin to add the stuffing.

Fill with stuffing and then wrap with the bacon. Use kitchen string to tie off the tenderloins.




All of these steps can be completed the day before. Once this is all done just wrap the tenderloins and store in the fridge until you are ready to cook them!

To cook these beauties, start by taking them out of the fridge about an hour before you begin so they can become room temp.

Preheat oven to 400°F. Pour enough oil into large skillet to coat bottom; heat over high heat. Add 1 tenderloin. Sauté until bacon is brown, turning often, about 10 minutes. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with second tenderloin. Roast until thermometer inserted into center of each registers 130°F to 135°F for medium-rare, about 30 minutes. Transfer to platter. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut off strings. Cut tenderloins into 1/2-inch-thick slices.





I think my tenderloins came out beautifully... and they were delicious!!!



I hope you enjoy my non-dessert post! More sweet treats coming soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment